City Tales Series/The Song Of The Ice Queen


Monday's suitor had the right smile
For half a day I seized to cry...
Tuesday's came with great promises
With fragrant gifts pleasing senses...

Wednesday's man had pale blue eyes
I looked for your face in the skies...
Thursday's lad came lit a fire
Not enough to wake desire...

Friday's brought swans from the lake
I pinned his heart onto a stake...
That night saw me all alone...
Should I turn the next one to stone...

Or melt their souls like broken gold
Pour it into magic mould
Conjure my love back in my arms...
The one I want resisted my charms...

Opening enchanted chests
I began my dreadful quest
I collected hundred parts
Blue eyes..warm hands...beating hearts...

An angel's voice...a pilgrim's spirit...
Two nights saw my dark candles lit...
Sunday at the wake of dawn
Hang this sign above my door:

If this sight won't bring you fear
Brave souls wishing to come near
Read these lines and run while you can...
I'm cursed to love only an invisible man