City Tales Series /The Song Of The Unbaptised


Maybe my words are not holy
Not written in testimony
But we found divine in colors
Chasing sunrise of distant shores

To my still life you found motion
We were pilgrims to the ocean

The sounds of feelings so bizarre
Made sense played through your guitar

Maybe I can't quote the scriptures
But I praise God through my pictures
Stroked small wonders of creation
Love the tales of evolution

Through the churches' stained glass windows
Mused on pale light flooding the floors
Touching old carved wooden seats
Felt the pray of long dead priests

Why do you think God won't like it
If we missed a speech from pulpit

Not to memorise the Bible

A love song's stronger than recital

A greying head can harbour a child..
A melody filled untamed mind...

When lost reaches out for safety

You were happy people tell me

I stared at you flying your kites
Hundred happy sparks in your eyes
When I see the clouds you tamed

My inner child calls her playmate

On white paper I fill the space
Slowing my heart to my pen's pace

Shedding ink instead of crying

Watching sunsets...candles dying

What if I will run out of words
Would it be possible to burst
From unsaid questions...
strange emotion

Writing it out is my potion